Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 265
An Analysis of Financial Inclusion
Based on a primary survey conducted in 2010 in the five villages of West Bengal, India under two gram panchayats located in the district of North 24 Parganas, the present study attempts to identify the variables that improve the possibility of financial inclusion. To judge the extent of financial inclusion we use a scoring methodology usually used in psychology. Then based on the scores the sample is divided into three mutually exclusive categories and multinomial logit regression is used to identify the factors leading to a higher score.
- Bagli S and P Dutta (2012), “A Study of Financial Inclusion in India”, Radix International Journal Of Economics & Business Management, Vol-1, Issue 8. http://rierc.org/business/paper26.pdf Accessed on 22.5.13.
- Chattopadhyay S. K (2011), “Financial Inclusion in India: A Case-study of West Bengal”, RBI Working Paper Series, W P S (DEPR): 8 / 2011.
- Chavan,P. (2007), “Access to Bank Credit”, Economic and Political Weekly, August 4, 2007.
- Dev, M.S. (2006), “Financial Inclusion: Issues and Challenges”, Economic and Political Weekly, October 14,2006.
- Diniz Eduardo, Rene Birochi, and MarleiPozzebon (2011), “Triggers and Barriers to Financial Inclusion: The Use of ICT-based Branchless Banking in an Amazon County”, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, doi:10.1016/j.elerap.2011.07.006.
- Drexler, A., Greg Fischer, and Antoinette Schoar, (2011), “Keeping it Simple: Financial Literacy and Rules of Thumb”, http://www.mit.edu/~aschoar/KIS%20DFS%20Jan2011.pdf
- Dvorak T, Henry Hanley (2010), “Financial Literacy and the Design of Retirement Plans”, The Journal of Socio-Economics, 39 (2010) 645–652.
- Kochhar, S. (2009), “Speeding Financial Inclusion”, Academic Foundation, New Delhi, 2009 Edition, pp. 168, ISBN - 978-81-7188-791-0.
- Kamath, Mukherji & Sandstrom (2011), “Accessing Institutional Finance: A Demand Side Story for Rural India”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XLV, No.37.
- Majumdar, C. & G. Gupta (2013), “Financial Inclusion in Hoogly”. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XLVIII, No.21.
- Rajan, R (2009), “Broadening Access to Finance” (Chapter 3) in A Hundred Small Steps: Report of the Committee on Financial Sector Reforms.
- Rangarajan, C (2008), “Report of the Committee on Financial Inclusion (2008)”, NABARD, January 2008.
- There are currently no refbacks.