Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 201
An Analysis of Entrepreneurship Development through RSETI in Pudukkottai District
Non-availability of adequate employment opportunities in the organised and unorganised sectors is one of the serious challenges the country is facing. Lakhs of youth are entering the job market every year in this country but are unable to find suitable employment. The entry of automation and mechanisation in every sphere of commerce and administration due to the advent of science and technology has further accentuated the problem. On the rural side, the employment potential in agricultural economy also appears to have reached a saturation level leading to large scale migration of manpower from rural to urban areas adding woes and pressure to already over-strained civic infrastructure. In such a scenario, there is a need to promote self-employment for the unemployed rural youth, particularly those below the poverty line, and periodic skill upgradation to keep them abreast of latest technologies. Once trained appropriately, the youth would launch profitable micro-enterprises and enhance their own standards of living and thereby contribute to the overall national economy.
- Chaudhari, P.T, (1999), “Entrepreneurship Development and Women”, Kisan World, 29-30.
- Hyderabad, R.L., & Krishnamurthy, B, (2002), “Impact of Training Programmes on Entrepreneurship Development: A Case Study”, Small Enterprises Development, Management & Extension, 29(4), pp.24-26.
- Imamul Haque S.M, (1990), “Entrepreneurial Development: An Overview”, in Sami Uddin and others eds., Entrepreneurial Development in India (p. 22), New Delhi, Sunil Printers.
- NIRD, (2013), RSETIs Quarterly Newsletter, National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Hyderabad, Vol. 4(2), April-June, p. 2.
- Udaykumar, M. A, (2002), “Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and the Development of Entrepreneurs: A Study”, Small Enterprises Development, Management & Extension, 29(4), pp.87-96.
- Udaykumar, M.A. & Sreedhara, T.N., (2002), “Entrepreneurship Development Programmes: An Analysis”, Southern Economist, pp. 10-12.
- Pranay Bhargava, Note on Aajeevika’s Self-Employment and Micro-Enterprise Promotion [http://aajeevika.gov.in/Best-Practices/Note-on-Aajeevika-Self-Employment.pdf ]
- There are currently no refbacks.